Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Inspiration from GLSEN Respect Awards 2012: Joe Manganiello, Matthew Bommer and His Partner



Matt Bomer at GLSEN Respect Awards 2012
Matt Bomer at GLSEN Respect Awards 2012
People in the world need to wake up and see in terms of equality and putting an end to the bullying epidemic and making sure that every family is respected in our schools and our society.

Imagine, when you aren't allowed to speak about who you are, one of the most authentic parts of who you are, which is who you love or is who you're attracted to, feels invisible.

Matt Bomer & Simon Halls at GLSEN Respect Awards 2012
Matt Bomer & Simon Halls at GLSEN Respect Awards 2012
"Having kids teaches you so many things, and one of the things we both have learned in our parenting journey is how loving and accepting and open children's minds and hearts are. Unfortunately, in some parts of the country, some kids are taught at an early age that being different is somehow bad or wrong or worthy of ridicule. Kids aren't born to be bullies, they're taught to be bullies." – Simon Halls

As Mrs. Christina Aguilera said, “If I wear a mask, I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart.” Wait, I just realize that Aguilera’s Reflection song has such profound meaning that it can be more than just Mulan soundtrack. I think this song could be the best choice for the GLSEN theme song ;)


"Look at me; you may think you see who I really am. But you'll never know me. Every day, it's as if I play a part. Now I see, if I wear a mask, I can fool the world but I cannot fool my heart.
Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? When will my reflection show who I am inside?
I am now in a world where I have to hide my heart and what I believe in. But somehow, I will show the world what's inside my heart and be loved for who I am.
Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm someone else for all time? When will my reflection show who I am inside?
There's a heart that must be free to fly that burns with a need to know the reason why.
Why must we all conceal what we think, how we feel? Must there be a secret me I'm forced to hide? I won't pretend that I'm someone else for all time. When will my reflection show who I am inside? When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls with Joe Manganiello who presented Inspiration Award to them
Matt Bomer and Simon Halls with Joe Manganiello who presented Inspiration Award to them

And also, as Perez Hilton wrote: “We can't wait to see a day where burdens like homophobia, racism, and sexism are no longer bred from fear. We know humanity's heart is a caring one naturally. And we wanna see it beat with as much compassion as it can!

No comments:

Post a Comment